In Grisly Rapture

Revolting - In Grisly Rapture (2011)


I have a love hate relationship with Razorback Records. The I love htem for reviving a sound that was essentially dead when the brutal and tech death sounds were dominating the scene. I hate them for how ridiculous and goofy some of the bands are (I'm looking at you, Witchtanic era Acid Witch). Revolting, however, have been consistently great. If you haven't checked out their last album The Terror Threshold, I highly recommend that you do.

Revolting still have some of that goofy tinge to them, but thankfully it's mostly restricted to lyrical content. A unique guitar tone, interesting riffs, and Rogga's trademark vocals make this a stand out release for me.

And yes, I'm aware this release isn't with Razorback.

Grizzly.

0 comments: