Run Come Ya!

Barrington Levy - Run Come Ya! (1981)


IT'S SO FUCKING HOT. WHY IS IT SO HOT. THE SUN IS LIKE A HEAT LAMP HANGING TEN FEET ABOVE MY HEAD AND I'M NOT EVEN OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, here's some reggae. Sure, this isn't the usual fare around here, but I'm into this record. I actually checked this album out because John Cardiel recommended it. Not directly, of course. I was watching the very cool documentary 'Epicly Later'd' and when asked what his favorite album was, he responded with Barrington Levy's Run Come Ya. I've recently been delving into the world of reggae, dancehall, etc, so I thought I'd give it a chance. It's a pretty nice middle ground between reggae and dub, just enough weirdness, reverb, and bass to make it pleasing. I really can't stand most reggae, but this is pretty decent.

Was that story worth typing? In hind sight, probably not. But you read it, and you should know by now that I don't really use the backspace key around here. You'll never get that time back. I'm not sorry.

SELASSIE I

Note: This is the 365th post on this stupid blog. I can now make it into a calendar.

0 comments: